The best microphones for streaming & gaming will be different for everyone, but the goal of quality ought to be achieved regardless. The microphone built into the best gaming headsets should be good enough when it comes to gaming, but that guy with the mic buzz that moves will most likely ruin the experience for everyone else.
I believe if you’re reading this then you’re probably looking to upgrade your microphone when streaming your gaming or commentating games on YouTube. You might be a Twitch streamer looking for a microphone to better communicate with your audience and stand out amongst other low quality streamers and youtubers.
In your videos or streams, audio is one of the most important aspects of production since it is how you interact with your subscribers/followers/audience.
The quality of the built-in microphones supplied with most laptops and smartphones are usually nowhere near as good as a dedicated microphone since this is often not a top priority when creating these devices!
The purchase of a professional microphone will make your videos or streams of higher quality, make you stand out from other streaming youtubers or streamers on twitch, and make viewers stick around longer.
You may also like this: 7 REASONS – WHY VLOGGING IS SO POPULAR?
There are several microphones available in the market that are great for streaming and gaming.
Cheap USB Microphones for Streaming
We understand that if you’re just getting started making gaming videos and/or commentaries, or if you stream on Twitch, you do not want to spend a lot of money on equipment yet. We’ll discuss the best cheap USB microphones under $50 in this category. The best bang for your buck is to buy these microphones. The audio quality is way better than the built-in microphone included with laptops and smartphones without breaking the bank.
Fifine USB Recording Microphone
Among the ‘cheap microphones,’ the Fifine USB Studio Broadcast & Recording Condenser Microphone takes the first place in this list.
Installing the Fifine USB Microphone is as easy as plugging it into a USB port on your computer, laptop, or Mac and you’re ready to go! There’s no need to install drivers or other software!
There are 12-inch microphones inside, and they all utilise a cardioid polar pattern that is ideal for gaming, streaming, commentaries, and voice overs.
A durable aluminum alloy metal body and stainless steel mesh work together to craft a microphone that is strong and durable.
A 75 inch USB cable is included with the microphone, along with an adjustable tripod, anti-wind foam cap (which prevents air from flowing into your recordings) and an anti-contact foam cap.
- This is a very sensitive, high-quality voice USB mic that is a smooth, extended frequency response, and is ideally suited for podcasting, record.
- A distinctive cardioid polar pattern —Ideal for podcasting, record-a-video in your home studio, shoot interviews online and audio chats online..
- With a very clear sound, with no additional software, with a free driver for both PC and laptops, and that is very easy for beginners…
CAD U37 USB Recording Microphone
By connecting the CAD U37 to your computer via USB, you can record studio-quality audio directly to your computer. When using CAD U37, you can connect to Windows and Mac OS devices directly.
An excellent choice for use as a gaming microphone or a streaming microphone is the CAD U37 side-address condenser microphone.
On the U37 mic, there are two switches on the front. The first switch lets you adjust the microphone sensitivity quickly to minimize picking up deep bass sounds. The other switch on the U37 mic lets you reduce the volume of room noise and ventilation.
This mic with wide frequency range and focused pickup pattern is ideal for desktop recordings, such as commentating gaming shows, and is easy to use with the supplied desk stand.
- Warm, rich recordings with large, condenser microphone elements
- A cardioid pick-up pattern maximizes sound quality by isolating the sound source from the background noise.
- The results are excellent for singing, speech and instruments with a smooth, extended frequency response.
Blue Microphones Yeti Snowball iCE
There has never been a better time for recording high quality audio for video, twitch, podcasts or any other sound project!
Plug the microphone into your Mac or PC directly and start recording – no software or drivers required. There’s nothing better for audio quality than the snowball iCE USB microphone.
Your commentary and twitch livestreams will come out crystal clear with the cardioid condenser microphone.
Among the “cheap microphones” in the market, this one is by far the best, with sound quality greatly enhanced by its use on your videos or live streams.
A desktop stand and USB cable are included with the Snowball iCE.
- Crystal clear sound for Skype, Messages and FaceTime with a custom-designed condenser capsule.
- Your home movies can be enhanced with narration and audio recordings, and podcasts.
- Make recordings crystal clear for YouTube; Frequency Response: 40 – 18 kHz
Intermediate USB Gaming Microphones
We have the best microphones under 80 bucks if you’re seriously trying to improve the audio quality during your gaming commentary or twitch streaming. These microphones tend to have more features and settings so you can control your recording process better, as well as better internal hardware to produce high quality sound. Microphones of this type tend to have a better build quality so they are more durable, and some come with accessories, like adjustable tripod stands.
Blue Microphones Snowball USB Microphone
Snowball, the world’s first professional USB microphone, lets you create studio quality recordings.
The Snowball has an award-winning dual capsule design and Blue Microphones’ circuit board that provides high quality recordings that are free from feedback and distortion.
The microphone has three different pattern modes for versatile recording:
- Carotid mode: best used when the sound source is right in front of the microphone, like during commentary or live streaming of games.
- With -10dB PAD for louder, high quality recordings, cardioid mode works in much the same way as normal cardioid mode.
- In Omnidirectional mode all sounds are picked up equally from the front, back, and sides. This mode is best used to capture the ambience of ‘being there’.
Red LED indicator lights up when the mic is switched on. Snowball Microphone has a quick setup, you are ready to record as soon as you plug it into your USB port. No other software is needed.
The mic is shipped with an adjustable tripod and USB cable.
Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone
You can record professional quality sound with the meteor mic at home.
Samson Meteor mic has the largest diaphragm of any USB microphone currently available. Due to its cardioid pickup pattern, wide frequency range, and smooth frequency response the Meteor Mic is going to deliver the best audio recording results regardless of what you are recording.
In addition to the microphone, the package includes an 1/8-inch headphone out for studio monitoring, a volume switch, and a mute switch. The mic also doesn’t require any drivers so you can start recording right away on any computer.
An USB cable and carrying pouch are included with the microphone.
- Professional USB microphone with 1″ Studio-quality Capsule.
- Fold-back legs provide optimal mic positioning and folds up for easy transport
- Cardioid pickup pattern captures the Audio in front of the microphone, minimizing ambient sound from entering the recording.
Blue Microphones NESSIE USB Condenser Microphone
With the Blue Microphones NESSIE, you can expect studio quality sound at a reasonable price point.
You can use this microphone to record anything, and it’ll apply studio processing and internal shockmount to produce a custom-sounding recording without editing.
While the adaptive processing, including EQ, de-esser, and level control smoothly and refines your audio recordings in real time, the built-in pop filter reduces hard plosives and rumbling as well as disruptive vibrations.
Additionally, the mic offers three recording modes for capturing better vocals as well as raw audio for manual post-production.
A no latency headphone output is included on the NESSIE’s USB microphone. A volume control and an instant mute button are located directly on the microphone for quick access. Because the microphone’s head is flexible, you can place it wherever works best for you.
And finally, the microphone works with your computer’s USB port so you can use it and start recording right away without the need to install any drivers.
- Perfect for recording vocals, instruments, podcasts, voiceovers, audio for YouTube videos and more
- Automatically applies fundamental recording techniques for instantly polished results
- Includes professional features like headphone monitoring, mute, pop filter and shockmount
Professional USB Gaming Microphones
Now we have finally moved beyond the regular USB microphones into the professional ones. If you are serious about making great YouTube videos or live streaming on Twitch or other platforms, then one of these microphones would be a necessity for your recording setup.
You can take full control of your audio recording process with these microphones. They deliver the highest quality and boost the production quality of your videos and/or live streams.
For this category we have set a maximum price of $220 which is still great value for the money.
Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone
With the Yeti USB mic, you’ll receive studio quality recordings thanks to Blue Microphone’s proprietary tri capsule-based technology.
You can select from four different patterns included in the microphone that can be tailored to a wide variety of recording situations. Controls for headphone volume, microphone gain, pattern selection, and instant mute keep you in control of every aspect of the recording process.
In addition, a headphone jack is included on the mic, so that you can unmute what you’re recording in real time without any latency.
You don’t need to install drivers for the Yeti USB microphone — just plug it into your PC’s USB port and you can start recording.
A two-year limited warranty is included with the microphone, which includes an adjustable stand, USB cable, and instruction booklet.
- Tri-capsule array – 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation.
- Multiple pattern selection – cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo.
- Gain control, mute button, and zero-latency headphone output.
Audio-Technica AT2020 PLUS USB Microphone
The new AT2020 USB microphone offers studio quality articulation and intelligibility.
You can monitor your recording without a delay using the AT2020 USB plus’ headphone jack with volume control built-in.
This microphone produces exceptionally articulate audio due to its cardioid pickup pattern and wide frequency range which are perfect for commentaries or streaming.
Mix control lets you merge in pre-recorded audio along with your microphone signal to create a custom gaming commentary. The mic lights up when connected to your computer; no software or drivers are necessary.
Besides the tripod mic stand, the AT2020 plus usb microphone comes with a 9 foot USB cable and a soft carry pouch.
- Condenser microphone with USB output for digital recording
- High quality A/D converter with 16 bit, 44.1/48 kilohertz sampling rate for superb audio
- Headphone jack with volume control allows you to monitor the microphone signal with no delay
Blue Microphones Yeti Pro USB Condenser Microphone
The Yeti Pro is the first microphone in the world that combines 24-bit/192 kHz digital recording resolution with XLR output.
This mic features three custom condenser capsules, four pattern selections and a cutting edge A/D converter chip, resulting in increased clarity by as much as four times. The mic can be used with professional preamps and mixers.
You also get direct controls for mute, pattern selection, headphone volume and microphone gain built-in, along with the headphone amplifier to provide no delay monitoring.
There is a custom microphone stand that ships with the mic, as well as a USB cable and a stereo XLR breakout cable.
- Three custom condenser capsules and four different polar pattern settings: Cardioid, Stereo, Bidirectional and Omnidirectional
- Cutting-edge A-D converter chip and separate analog circuit path for use with professional studio mixers and preamps
- Built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring, and direct controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, mute, and microphone gain
The guide to finding the best gaming or streaming microphone for your budget and needs ends here, and we hope you’ve found what you’re looking for. We strongly recommend you take the extra step to avoid popping if you purchase a cheap microphone without a pop filter.
We hope you enjoyed our guide! If there are any gaming/streaming microphones you feel we missed in our guide please share it with us. If you know someone that is looking for a new microphone to start or improve their YouTube channel, or somebody that is looking for a new microphone for his Twitch.tv stream. Feel free to share this guide with them so they can choose the best microphone for their budget and needs.
Are you looking for a microphone to go along with your high-quality recordings and streams? Our buying guide will help you find the best capture card.